BRM Episode 096 by HITO (Mood, Footwork, Minus, Deeperfect, OTO) from Japan, but Berlin-based.
Free-trade, curated, fresh and vinyl powered, HITO’s set serves as a Techno church for all to pay homage. The raw resolution intrinsic of her music grew out from the orb of Japan into the underground belly of Ibiza and Berlin, on to top charting artist internationally and unofficial ambassador of Japan’s sub-culture. Hito’s absolute allegiance to her art created an international home for everyone to journey to.
Hito has earned multiple accolades and nominations. Hito’s offline foundation cuts caked and simulated noise, forever uniting and revealing the invisible beauty discovered by listeners.
She is an Ambassador for the PLAYdifferently MODEL 1 mixer designed by Andy Rigby-Jones and Richie Hawtin, alongside Dubfire, Loco Dice, Nicole Moudaber, Louie Vega and more. With a unique style and character, born and raised in Himeji, Japan, HITO is loved for her sophisticated record collection, deep techno style and an incredible ability to entertain crowds with charm and energy.
After moving to Berlin she developed a passion for electronic and emotional music pressed on vinyl. Hito connected with Richie Hawtin, bonding over the love of Japanese culture and sake, soon to become resident and integral part of his ENTER. experience at Space Ibiza from 2012. Hito took over the ENTER.Sake Terrace playing epic sets sometimes all night long to
an incredulous response.
HITO has since evolved into a unique artist in her own right in demand around the world for the touch of class she delivers. 2017 has seen her expand her international profile with appearances at DC10, Privilege and Cocoon in Ibiza, BPM Festival in Portugal, Tomorrowland in Belgium, Sonus and ULTRA / Resistance in Croatia, among many others.
In 2018, She finally started approaching with the view of establishing the label “OTO” and also the first release, in addition to Hito presents OTO’s own event organized.
1. Hito – Hitolove (Original mix)
2. EarthLife – Color of Birds (Original mix)
3. Drunken Kong – Live and Create (Original mix)
4. Roberto Capuano – on your skin (Original mix)
5. Fotinos Bakrisioris – Robot (Original mix)
6. Toru Ikemoto – MMMMMMMMMMaremono (Original mix)
7. Drunken Kong x Teenagemutants – Meinz (Original mix)
8. Yuada – Greed (Original mix)
9. Nusha – Equality (Original mix)
10. Luca Gaeta – AfterHeart (Original mix)
11. Patrik Berg – Soulmate (Original mix)
12. Artdealer – The reason for Being (Original mix)
13. Bastinov – Devine (Original mix)